Responsible for working on the production line as assigned. Maintain a safe, well organized workplace. Must possess strong organization skills and attention to details.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential duties and responsibilities of the Assembler/Packaging Associate include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Adhere to safe work habits, rules and practices, including the correct use of safety devices and equipment; maintain a clean and orderly workplace to include preventive machine maintenance.
- Work on production line in various roles including but not limited to:
- Wrap, box, label and carton product for shipping customer goods while maintaining the highest value of customer service in a most accurate, timely and efficient manner.
- Load product onto pallets for distribution.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred but not required; and/or equivalent training and experience.
- Warehouse, distribution, production, or manufacturing experience helpful, but not required.
- Ability to read and write routine correspondence including work orders. Ability to speak effectively with customers and/or employees of organization.
- Must have average math skills, including the ability to perform calculations involving counting, adding, subtracting, dividing and multiplying.
- Must be able to work in a team environment, numbering from 1 other teammate to as many as 20 other teammates per line.
- Needs to be able to take corrective criticism and direction from superiors in a collaborative way to accomplish daily goals.
- Must be able to stand and work in close proximity to all teammates for long periods of time without issues.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand for long periods of time; use hands to handle, carry, lift or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach and lift with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand; push, pull, walk and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly subjected to standard warehouse environments. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to low. The environment is controlled.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job.
Nehemiah Manufacturing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.